SEO: A strategic plan to increase page ranking
Wednesday, September 9, 2015
SEO: A strategic plan to increase page rank
The Search Engine Optimization (SEO) topic is a never-ending, multilateral situation and we are often asked what makes this strategy work. It is so much more that the question of why your organization in NOT on top of the search engine ranking, when using the correct keywords such as: Website Company in South Dakota. Finding the correct equation of what is going to work takes planning, research and testing. We suggest to read the book, “Always Start With Why” by Simon Simek. It will give you a new perspective about how we guide companies to reach their Google Analytic goals.
Where should this whole SEO plan start? First, review your organization’s goal, vision and mission. If they are clear and unique move to the next step; creating a stunning, content rich website with a modern and attractive design. There is proof that this all helps in the grand scheme of SEO. Okay, so how do you achieve that coveted top stop in a search engine?
- Stunning Website (already mentioned) created with the correct keywords, metatags and headlines…. That’s a whole other article.
- Do your research - who are your competitors? What are they doing that you do better? What are trending keywords for your industry? Who in your company can help you maintain/update your website? Contact us for a long list.
- Adding value in consumers is always well received and a blog with relevant information shows your clients you care and are more apt to forward a link to a friend or become a repeat visitor to your site.
- Using our CMS Email module and creating well written, visually attractive and consistent messages are linked to your site.
- Social media marketing is huge for linkbacks and as you may guess, many businesses are not using it to its fullest potential. We use a tool that helps us work smarter to share the message.
- AdWords Campaigns such as pay-per-click (PPC), cost-per-click (CPC), cost-per-impression (CPM) and sponsored listings can all play a role in your search engine marketing. Budget is a big factor when investing in this type of advertising and tracking a return on investment (RIO) is measurable.
- Print is not dead and is a great way to increase your brand awareness and can partner nicely with SEO if you are always including your web address for top of mind awareness.
When you are getting started with SEO, it’s not realistic to expect traffic from search to grow quickly. However, once you do start to see improvements in traffic due to your search efforts, the benefits can be long-lasting. Then it is a never-ending cycle of brainstorming, development, strategizing, analyzing and recreating.
Even Matt Cutts asserts:
“I firmly support the idea that people should have a diversified way of reaching their audience. So if you rely only on Google, that might not be as strong of an approach compared to having a wide variety of different avenues by which you can reach people and drive them to your websi
Categories: Responsive, SEO/SEM, Social Media